Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Favorite Song of Mine

As most of you know, I love music. I think a day without music is a wasted day. But there's this song that's been hitting pretty close to me here lately. It's by P.O.D and it's off of their new album and it's called "It Can't Rain Everyday." I just love it so much. I wish they would come out with a video for it. Oh by the way, Sonny (the lead singer) cut his dreads off! It looks good I think. But still a bit odd. Here are the lyrics:

This little one tries as hard as she can
Do anything just so she could fit in
She wants a friend so bad she'll do whatever they tell her
To make them smile she would misbehave
But all the while they would laugh in her face
She begins to cry because she thought that they liked her

Even though you feel all alone
It can't rain everyday
It don't rain forever
Your sunshine may be gone but i know
It can't rain everyday
It don't rain forever

He works hard everyday of his life
For his son on the way and his beautiful wife
But today he got a call from his job they got something to tell him.
They laid him off now he's out on the streets
He's got to do what it takes so his family can eat
He can't even look at his wife because he feels like he failed them

[chorus]

Reign down! reign down! reign down! so let it reign down
Reign down! reign down! reign down on me now!

A young lady's been lost for awhile
But that's ok now she's having a child
She finally got what she wants. she's got someone who loves her
But this morning she woke up in pain.
Nobody had to tell her because she knew right away
So she started to cry because she won't be a mother.

[chorus]

Reign down reign down reign down reign down on me
Reign down reign down! reign down!


It's up in my playlist if you wanna give it a listen.

In other news, Rosslyn is 6 months old today!!!! And it's mine and Jordan's 5 year anniversary. We've been together since January 13 2004. I can't believe we've been together that long!
Rosslyn almost crawled today. She can get up on all fours and then she kind of launches herself to whatever she's going after. Usually wires or paper lol. She's like a puppy in that sense, she likes to have wires in her mouth and loves the sound of rustling paper. And for the past couple of days, if I'm not in the room and paying direct attention to her, she's screaming and crying. She had to go to sleep last night in the sling and was crying and snubbing sooo bad. There were tears just streaming down her face. I don't know what's wrong with her. It didn't sound like she was in pain when she was crying, but that she was scared. Like panicked. I don't know. Hopefully it's just a phase and she'll get better soon. But I never had any of this when she was first born, she just woke up during the nights smacking her lips. But she's like screaming and crying now so I don't know what's up. I just wish it would get better for her.

0 love notes: