Thursday, April 2, 2009

One year ago....

I said goodbye to Jordan for the last time. It wasn't nearly as emotional as the first deployment which was in January of 2007 and strangely, it was warmer than April 2008. But it still sucked, nonetheless. It was a crazy day. Jordan went to check in with them to see what time he needed to be there, and it wasn't until like 2 hours later and his dad, mammaw and sister were there and they insisted on us packing everything up and cleaning out the apartment. And we had to rent a U-haul too. Needless to say, Jordan wasn't happy. He just wanted us all to relax and watch tv or something. But whatever I guess. It's over now. He's back and I'm happy. We only have 6 months left here and then we'll be moving home!! Here are some pictures from number 2 deployment day last year.



Us....he doesn't look happy and my belly was huge!!


He kept poking me with a twizzler and I did not want one. Hence,the face I'm making.


Jordan and his little sister, Jessca.


I still can't believe it's been a year. He's been home for 6 months and if he was still with 3/6, would have to be leaving in September...or January. I don't know what it is now. But he's fapped out because he gets out before they deploy again so yay!!! It doesn't seem like he's been home for that long. But a lot happened while he was gone. I had our lovely daughter at home. Most people still don't believe that. But it's not a big deal. I moved back to North Carolina by myself, with the baby and that was a big feat. But I thank God for everythingthat He has given us and bringing Jordan and all of his friends home safe and sound and most importantly, that he'll never have to go back there. Ever. Ever.

0 love notes: