Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 21 - A picture of something you wish you could forget

Wow. This is hard. Because everything that's happened to me has made me who I am and I wouldn't change anything. With that being said, I would like to forget the bullying I had to go through in elementary and middle school.


I remember an incident in elementary school when a boy was sitting on top of me, had me pinned down on the ground and was picking on me. And another time in middle school when I was called a "tag along" and that I didn't have any real friends and just followed this one girl around. Words hurt and they stick. No matter how much I try to forget about it, that mean girl in middle school always sticks out in my mind and I always wonder if I'm really friends with someone or if they just consider me a tag along. And believe me, girls are a million times worse than boys at bullying. Because they get in your head and plant ideas in your mind. There wasn't a movie called Mean Girls for no reason. I pray to God my girls never get bullied but I pray even harder that they never bully anyone.

1 love notes:

Jackelyn said...

Bullying sucks. I was bullied in elementary and middle school and by the time I got to highschool, Id had enough. I started to bully other people. Mainly people who were mean to me when I was younger. Because I wasn't afraid of them anymore. But really, it doesn't feel good to know that I made people feel bad either. I actually applogized to a girl just recently who I was mean to in school. She forgave me. It was a huge weight off of my shoulders.
I pray that the boys never get bullied, either. But it's enevitable I think. Kids are mean. You just have to teach them to be confident in who they are. I think that might help them along the way..