Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 24 - A picture of something you wish you could change


Poverty. Especially where I live in the Appalachian Mountains. It's probably one of the worst areas affected by poverty in the US. And to know that there are people all around me who might go hungry tonight? I can't stand that thought. I know some if not most of the reason why people go hungry (at least in my county) is because the money they do get (whether it be from the Government or not) goes to drugs. Some people are more worried about getting high than whether or not their kids eat tonight. I know people say we should worry about poverty of other countries and things like that. But when it's happening in the wealthiest nation in the world and hardly anyone is doing anything about it? Something's not right.

0 love notes: