Tuesday, August 23, 2011

School School School

I have been back at achool (Community college, part time) for about a week and a half now. I have a class every day of the week except Friday and it is going ok. I'm taking Public Speaking and College Algebra. In public speaking we haven't done too awful much but tomorrow (it's mon/wed) we're getting down to business. And in College Algebra, I understand it in class and then all of our assignments are due on this thing Called Hawkes where you do pretty much everything on the computer. I'm no math genius but I write everything doen and then take the problems we've done in class and compare them to the ones on the computer and I work them out and when I try to enter them into the computer, they're wrong. I just have to try and bear through this class and I won't have to worry about another math class!! I'm thinking of going to the math labs one day a week so I can get some one on one time with the instructor and to understand it better.

As for the girls, my sisters keep them while I'm at school and things have been going ok. But today, I don't know if it was because she was tired or what, Rosslyn came home with the most rotten attitude ever. She was yelling demands at me, just being really loud and generally not like herself. So I've talked to Jordan about it and as much as we hate the thought of it, we're thinking of putting the girls in daycare. I know Rosslyn will do well but I'm more worried about Aurelia. She's my little drama queen. So touchy, as I always say. I know she's just a baby but there are times when she'll bump her head or something and be completely fine and then other times something small will happen and she'll act like it's the end of the world. Lord, love her heart. So tomorrow I'm going to call around for prices and availability and hopefully have the girls enrolled fairly soon. And if something doesn't work out with that, I may just have to drop my classes this semester....I really hate to do that though. As a mom, it pains me to put my kids into the care of someone else but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I've already put school on hold for too long and I've working around Jordan's schedule so I just want to feel like what I'm doing is for good and I'm not just pittering away at it, you know?

Well, I'll let everyone know how the daycare search goes and I'll have some pictures to update soon too. but for now, studying and waiting for Jordan to get home from a friend's house.

1 love notes:

Unknown said...

I bet Rosslyn will love going some where for a bit! Maybe try to find a preschool? That's what Jase goes to, and he absolutely loves it. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you that you find something so you can continue school!
And if you need help with algebra let me know :) I'm horrible with English but pretty awesome at math lol