Tuesday, February 17, 2009

W. my thoughts

We rented W. last night after seeing that there would be a short wait on our Netflix. And I thought it was pretty good.

It showed a lot of the behind the scenes, behind closed doors stuff that I didn't know about. Pretty much what I got from the movie was that George W. Bush was always trying to live up to his father's expectations and prove to him that he was actually worth something. I really liked how they never actually showed what happened on 9/11. Because I think we all have seen that plenty of times and don't need another movie to remind us of what happened. But as I have said time and time again, he wasn't a bad President, just dealt a shitty hand. And watching the movie confirmed what I had suspected for a while, the whole war is Donald Rusmfeld's fault. And it was like almost as soon as we went to Iraq, Donald Rumsfeld high tailed it out of there. Does anyone know what he's doing now?

Another thing that this movie had a lot of was eating. lol. I didn't know if it was a movie about George W. Bush or Josh Brolin eating for 2 hours.

Don't get me wrong, he wasn't the best president but in no means was he the worst either (that honor goes to James Buchanan). He did the best with what he was given, which in his own terms from the movie was a "shit sandwich." I've never hated him, never said he wasn't my president. Which I think that's retarded. Um, hello? We live in the US, of course he's your fucking president!!

One thing I really liked about the movie was the score. There was always a hymn or something like that playing in the background and it really stuck out to me.
But I do recommend this movie. Democrat, republican. I couldn't tell if it was swaying to one side or the other. It just presented the facts and that's what I liked about it. I give it a 7.5 out of 10.

0 love notes: