Monday, February 8, 2010

Emotional Purge

Photobucket
My new words to live by


Lately I've been doing a lot of thinking. Which is sometimes not so good for me. Because it usually gets me down. But, I know that if I never do this sort of thinking, I'll never re-evaluate my life and I'll be stuck in a rut and won't have the ability to prosper.

I figured out that I have a lot of fair-weather friends, so to say. It's like I'm the only one to make an effort into our friendships. And if they aren't willing to make the effort to talk to be back, then I say
Photobucket



I know these friends are busy with their own lives, jobs and families but it wouldn't kill you to send a text? Or whatever.

I have online friends spread throughout the country (thanks to the lovely and wonderful Marine Corps) but I wish I had one person, real or online, to connect to and chat with and have fun with like I did with these old friends of mine. I know I have Jordan, but seriously, I can't get fashion advice from him or gossip about celebrities (he goes on a HUGE rant about it) or sing songs with in the car.

I guess I've come to realize that the only people I can really depend on are my husband and daughter.

A lot of this has to do with us moving back to our crap-tacular county and realizing that everyone I graduated high school with are all stuck in ruts and live their lives in a bubble just getting by. I don't want that. I don't need that. I don't deserve that. Everyone here is so fine with just settling. Working menial jobs and living menial lives, most of them don't know there's a whole world waiting for them out there!!

I know people change and grow apart but I never thought it would happen with me and my friends. We have been through a lot together. And all of a sudden they wanna throw it all away? I'll pass.

So I'll just take this one day at a time. I know there's an amazing friend out there for me. I just need to find them. And until then, I'm making a mental note to tell myself this everyday:
Photobucket

5 love notes:

Mrs.Stanford said...

ummm I agree with this blog...I'm right there with you! One sided friendships get old!

Juliana said...

I wish I lived closer to you. I think that sometimes as much as it hurts you have to let those people go. You deserve better. I am here if you need to vent.

Chantel said...

I completely agree. COMPLETELY. I think I'm the only one out of everyone I know that even knows a thing about celebrities, so the celebrity gossip doesn't go very far..lol..

Anonymous said...

This is reason number 16438549 that I don't plan on moving back to my county. I think my friends there make more of an effort while I'm away then when I briefly had moved back. I love my usmc girls.

Something for you on my site, btw. :)

Unknown said...

I understand completely what you are talking about. I guess thats why I gave up