Saturday, December 18, 2010

Being a mom of two...

Although I've only been a mom of two for a little over 3 weeks, it does prove to be a challenge. A rewarding one but still, challenging. When Rosslyn was a newborn, I lived with my in-laws and when she didn't need nursing, there were always more than enough eager hands willing to help me. And I am beyond grateful for that. Because I had no idea, I was 21 years old, hadn't dealt with babies in a long time and my husband was thousands of miles away in a war zone. Then when I moved to North Carolina when she was 3 months old, I had gotten a routine and was able to sleep when she slept, take her out to places without worrying about her waking up or anything like that.


Now, with a 2 1/2 year old and a newborn? It's rough. I crave sleep like nothing else. My husband has been working morning shifts (12am-8am) so he sleeps most of the day and when Rosslyn is awake, she's loud and I don't want him to get mad at her for just being a kid, you know? And to top it off, it seems like Rosslyn only wants to sit on my lap and have my hair is when I'm feeding the baby. I don't think it's much of a jealousy issue as it is that she's just not used to not being the center of attention. She loves Aurelia to death but still doesn't understand that she's a newborn and can't be handled so roughly. I know she tries and I'm glad she hasn't tried to kill her...yet. Although there was one incident last night where the girls and I were upstairs and I was getting their pajamas to put on them and I came back into the bedroom and Rosslyn said "I hurt baby sister" and sure enough, Aurelia was squalling at the top of her lungs. I have no idea what Rosslyn did but Aurelia's ok so it's no big deal.

I cannot wait until Aurelia is older and is able to interact with Rosslyn more. Because I loved both of my sisters growing up. That's not true. I love them now but we fought a lot growing up. Normal girl stuff. And it wasn't until we were in middle school, usually where girls start being bitchy, that all 3 of us started getting along and would listen to music together and share clothes and things like that.


I am so thankful for my family and my girls. I love them so much. If I can make it past these next 6 months, presumably where Rosslyn will grow out of the terrible twos and Aurelia will be more alert and playful, I think it'll be cake. That is, until Aurelia turns 2....lol.

1 love notes:

Unknown said...

HUGS!

It's super easy once they are both toddlers, well...more so than than one as a newborn haha Oh and terrible twos have nothing on the threes...trust me...I need a liqueur for the threes lol!

If you need some rant time I'm here always :)