Saturday, March 26, 2011

Again with the sucking of the blogging

Well, I sincerely apologize for not updating more. It's "crunch time" so to speak in my classes so I've been dedicating a lot of time to those. Speaking of, I just had a test on Wednesday night and it took me 2 hours to complete!! And I'm pretty much positive I failed but oh well....so long as I get an overall passing grade, I'll be happy.

What to say, hmm... Rosslyn has been up at my in-laws for the past few days and it has been entirely too calm and serene around here. I haven't gotten much accomplished that I otherwise would have been to if she were here. Except a trip to walmart without having to say "sit down" every 5 seconds. Yes, sometimes I do put her in the main part of the cart but she loves it so that's ok. But I do miss her and I think it's good bonding time for her to spend with them.

On that note, let me tell you about the big blow-up I had with my mom because I let Rosslyn stay with them and never let the girls stay with her. Once she found that out, all hell broke loose. She was accusing me of being snooty and said that I couldn't see past dollar signs (what?!) and a whole bunch of stuff. Even had the nerve to bring up my dad and ask me how he would feel if he knew I was keeping the girls from her. Bottom line is I don't like how she's lived her life in the past and I'm ready to move on from that and I don't feel comfortable leaving my kids in an environment that I don't see fit for them. I don't want my kids to be raised thinking that their lifestyle is an acceptable way to live.

Anyway, moving on.... I got the cloth diapers I ordered for Aurelia on Monday and I am absolutely in love!! There isn't much bad I can say about them. I do have to double up in the inserts because with one, they leak. I love all the designs, I love her fluffy butt, she loves them and I just throw them in the wash with all our other clothes. I've been using Charlie's soap on everything so there is no residue on anything and the Charlie's soap has actually made some of our whites brighter. They were definitely a great investment. Jordan doesn't like putting them on her though lol. Oh well, mama can do it. And for when there's a poop diaper, I just shake off what I can in the toilet then go to the kitchen and use our sink sprayer to get off most everything else then clean out the sink with soap and water.

I bought a really cute dress last night at walmart and I may wear it to school on Monday. It's made to look like a t-shirt and a high-waisted skirt but my love handles stick out pretty bad. I can't wait till we get out of this cold snap (hello, barely above 50 for the past 4 days, boo) and I can go walking at the track with the girls. Or do something... I wish we could afford a treadmill. Or even had the room for one. But, we do have the Kinect and I just downloaded the Zumba demo so I'm gonna try that out.

Other than that, not much else has happened. My sister and her boyfriend came over tonight and I got him set up with his FAFSA and got him applied to the community college. That way both of them will be starting in the fall. Well, I'm going to go do some Zumba and Dance Central for a little bit because I have the motivation to right now. Let's see how long that lasts lol.

0 love notes: