Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ready to go home...

Rosslyn got sick last night. For the first time ever. She kept coughing at like midnight. I turned her over and started patting her back to see if she would burp, maybe that would help. But it didn't. But she calmed down and went back to sleep. Then at like 2 she woke up crying and coughing. I started patting her back and I got projectile vomit on my shirt. It was like spit up, though. I didn't know what to do because she was coughing and starting to throw up. I didn't know if I should take her to the toilet and let her throw up there. So I was standing at out bedroom door letting her throw up. It was only breastmilk so it wasn't too bad.

I don't know why she did it, but it scared the crap out of me. Thankfully, she's better now and doesn't even hint at anything being wrong with her. So I guess she just had too much in her stomach or something. I'm starting to give her formula now. About a bottle a day. She likes it and she's been able to take a bottle and a pacifier since she was born. She loves rice cereal too. But not baby food that much. I try to either give her a bottle or cereal every night. It helps her sleep a lot better. She's almost got sitting mastered. She raises her head up sometimes. And will sit freely by herself for like 10 seconds before she topples forward. She almost has a tooth coming through. She's been teething for a while now but nothing is through yet. It's almost through though and I can't wait!

Tonight is the ball but I don't think Jordan is going to go. I'm not going. Although I do have a dress and everything. And it's our last one too. He gets out in less than a year and I am so excited!!! I can't wait to move back to Kentucky and have a home. Not an apartment but an actual house. Hopefully we'll live in Cave City where his mom is so I can get a job and go to school and leave Rosslyn with his mom. Jordan's looking into going to school and trying to get an internship with the Governor or something. Something to launch him into politics. Post- deployment leave starts saturday. even though we went home for the weekend, I am so reday to go back. I can't wait to go up to see his mom and see my cat!! We're hopefully going to go to Gatlinburg for a few days on leave too. Just me and Jordan. I can't wait. I know it'll be hard leaving Rosslyn. But if my sister Sam can do it, I guess I can too.

0 love notes: