Sunday, January 4, 2009

When will it begin?

Happy new year to all! I trust everyone had a good holiday. We did too. But it is good to finally be back in our own apartment not having to be confined to one place. 2009 will hopefully bring a new job for me. I'm hoping. I love Rosslyn to death but not having any of your own money sucks ass. I need to find a sitter though. And daycares ore insanely expensive and have huge waiting lists. I wish I could find a nice old lady to watch her while I go to work. Then there's if I do get a sitter, how much should I pay? Is $100 a week too much? Too little? Oy vey!! I would like to do some online job also or something where I can make money and not have to leave Rosslyn with anyone. I am so ready to move back to Kentucky so I can leave her with either my mom, Jordan's mom or mammaw and get a job.

But job venting aside, I am looking forward to the weekend of the 19th! We are (hopefully depending on our money situation) going to Washington DC! I'm so excited. I want to go to the Smithsonian, the museum of natural history, the holocaust museum, the Korean war memorial, the Viet Nam memorial and so much more. But the only downside is that on the 20th, our new President will be inagurated so their might be gobs of people there for that so it might not be fun.

We don't have to go back home until Easter so if we can't go then, we'll probably go another weekend before Easter.

Well, I guess that's all from over here! I'll blog again when something intersting happens. lol.

2 love notes:

Their Mommy His Wife said...

I will say you guys are crazy to come the 19th (we live like 20 mins from DC but with traffic can take like a hour or so) and hubby works right by the white house they even told him if he's workin the 19th &/or 20th to just stay there for the night cause traffic is going to be nuts gettin into & outta the city...

but if you do head this way let me know & i hear you about gettin a job & makin some money, i wish at times i could do that but with three kids daycare is wicked crazy expensive here....

Faith W. said...

Yea, I can only IMAGINE what DC is going to be like that weekend. A guy I know is renting out a room in his house to anyone who can't find a hotel. I had college friends who lived near DC when Bush had his re-inaguration or whatever you call it, and it was right during one of our breaks and they left a whole day early because of traffic. But I def recommend going to DC at some point (if not that wkend)...it's very cool! :)