Friday, February 6, 2009

Real or just an extreme publicity stunt?

So I've been debating putting this on here for a while. I don't want people to think of me as a conspiracy nut and that the government is out to get me and they're hiding things from us (which they are). But Monday on myspace, whenever you went to the main page, the ads all over were for the IHC (the Institute for Human Continuity). Saying that December 21, 2012 there would be cataclysmic events that would destroy the Earth and human population. But you could go to their website and register for a lottery and be saved from all the peril and destruction that is soon to come. I went to the website, it looks pretty legit. They have every aspect planned out and everything like that. But then, I remembered there is a movie coming out in November called 2012 dealing with said events. I went to the official page of the movie and lo and behold, they had a link to the IHC on it. Along with www.thisistheend.com which had a youtube video of Woody Harrelson dressed up as a shady, shifty, long haired, hippie type character. So that made me think that it was all a publicity stunt.

Whatever the case may be, I can't wait to see the movie!

The IHC website: http://www.theihc.com
2012 Official website: http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/2012

0 love notes: