Sunday, April 19, 2009

Perfect only in my flaws

I don't know how to word this other than to just say what I'm feeling. It's not a pity party but an expression of how comfortable I am with myself in every way.

I love myself just the way I am. Flaws and all. I know there are a lot more perfect people out there in the world. But I am happy with myself because I know I'm the best person I can be. I know I may get mad sometimes that Jordan does play his games for hours on end, but it gives me a chance to get on here! And I do get frustrated when Rosslyn won't go back to sleep at night sometimes but then I see her sweet face and realize it's all worth it. I know I'll never be good at algebra, but hopefully I'll never have to use it. I know I'm not as pretty or as skinny or as tall as some people but I love my body, every stretch marked, stitches scarred, short little inch of it. And none of that happened to me until after I became a mother. Which is odd to me. I guess I felt that if I could do so much damage to my body that way and come out of it looking good, I don't need to be self conscious.

And I know I don't have the perfect marriage. It's nowhere near perfect. But I love my husband and he loves me and we're all that each other can depend on. We do fight from time to time but we usually resolve it fairly quickly. And since Jordan's got back from Iraq this time around, his temper has been greatly reduced and I am so thankful for that. Because if he had came back with the same attitude and chip on his shoulder as he did before he left, I don't know where we'd be.

And I know I'm not the perfect mother. But I do best for my daughter. And Give her all the love and affection and attention she could ever need. She is the happiest baby I know. She's not shy, she's very outspoken and loud, just like me ;)

And I really know I don't have a perfect family. My family has been through so much. None of which I'd like to go to into detail on here but let's just say I've been through and seen a lot in my 22 years on this planet. I love my mom and my sisters to death. I would die for any of them in a heart beat. And I cannot wait to see my dad up in Heaven.

But through all of this. It's made me who I am, flaws and all. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

0 love notes: