Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Opening my heart

I don't get very religious on here, I try to keep it very light and fun but husband started reading a book yesterday called Love Wins by Rob Bell and I definitely want to read it when he's done. the book is about a preacher (Bell) who was ex-communicated from the church for his radical beliefs. Basically what he's saying is that the true message of Christ has been lost in the muck and politics of church. An example from the book is someon's daughter's friend had died in a car crash and because he was athiest, they said he went to hell. And it brought up the age of accountability. I think that no matter how lost you may be, there's always hope and a chance to turn to the light before it's too late.

I don't know what I'm trying to get at with this post. I just want to let people know that as long as they have a relationship with God, that's what truly matters.

0 love notes: